Investing in a siding replacement is a smart way to improve your home’s protection, energy efficiency, and curb appeal. To ensure a successful project, it pays to plan ahead carefully. Here, Wilson Roofing shares three key tips on getting started. [Read more…]
Every homeowner wants the best siding design for their home, but some manufacturers can’t seem to figure out how to get the color right. Fortunately, top brand James Hardie® has found a way to provide homeowners with durable siding coated with gorgeous hues that are richer, more attractive, and longer lasting than competing brands. [Read more…]
Yes, winter is finally here but that does not mean it is too early to start looking ahead to spring. As a homeowner, you have to stay on top of maintenance if you want your house to stay in good condition. Taking on appropriate seasonal tasks is one way you can achieve this goal. You may want to get your home ready for spring by doing the following:
- Schedule a Washing: Siding and decks can be power washed once the weather warms up. You may have a better chance of getting on the docket if you schedule your washing now.
- Schedule an Inspection: It may seem early to schedule your spring roof inspection, but your contractor’s schedule will fill up fast as the weather heats up. The earlier you set this appointment, the more choices you will have.
- Watch for Damages: Throughout the winter, be sure to look over your home occasionally, especially after storms. Check both the siding and roofing for obvious signs of damage. If you notice any issues, it may be time for siding or roof repairs.
- Pull Out Furniture: As spring gets a little closer, you should pull out your outdoor furniture. Check it over for any wear and tear. Replace the pieces that need to be replaced and repair anything that should be repaired. Doing these projects now may make it easier for you to start using your deck when the weather is nice.
- Pick Out Projects: Do you want to do some home improvement this year? Whether you want to replace your roof or repaint your siding, you can start to think about the projects now. You might even be able to look at materials for the project with your contractor.
When it comes to your Georgetown roofing, siding and deck, you need to take a proactive role in their maintenance. Work alongside your trusted contractor to complete seasonally appropriate maintenance projects.